Friday, June 6, 2008

Band Names

There are some stupid band names out there. Really stupid. Some of them are funny and some of them are just lame. Examples?

The The--supposed to be ironic and cool but lame.
Butthole Surfers--supposed to be funny but lame.
Insane Clown Posse--so ridiculous it's funny.
Barenaked Ladies--supposed to be funny but lame.
Deathcab for Cutie--supposed to be cool? Supposed to be funny? It's lame.
Nickelback--I think they're trying to be cool by not caring that their name is lame--like their music.
Goo Goo Dolls--beyond lame.
The Mr. T Experience--funny.
The Beatles--why?

So I thought I'd come up with my own ridiculous band names. If they're stupid, they can't be worse than Nickelback. If they're funny, well, I struck gold. If they're cool...they won't be cool. And, for the record, I have no aspirations of ever naming a band so feel free to take my names.

Up-Down-Left-Right-A-B-B-A-Select-Start
Last of the Oaxacans
Shakespearean Ninjas In Love
Chronic the Hemp Hog
I'm Sorry, I Don't Speak Klingon
Encephalomegaly
Five Finger Discount
Jack Bauer's Apprentice
Vitamin H

Leave your own ideas.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit it, but I believe it is
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B, A, B, Select, Start.

That little tidbit of knowledge comes in handy quite often

miles said...

Rob, I believe you are right. Thanks for the correction.

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebekah said...

everyone who has left a comment on here up to this point is a loser.

Tyler said...

I didn't delete my last comment because I was offended of the loser comment (I totally embrace that fact). I did it because I put the wrong TMNT II code in. The correct code is B, A, B, A, Up, Down, B, A, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start. Just in case anyone was playing turtles soon.
Also, Vitamin H sounds like one of those bands that are boring and would put you to sleep...could it have anything to do with Haldol?

miles said...

I think the confusion about the different codes is because we're thinking of different games--Contra, Ninja Turtles, Mario...

Unknown said...

Hey I think Vitamin H would fly, especially with what we have learned about it, in a sort of ironic kind of way. To totally work the band would need to be one of those "EMO" bands though.

Jacob Romney said...

12811. That's how you get to the championship game as Argentina while playing World Cup for the NES.