Wednesday, January 7, 2009

M - I - S - S - I - S - S - I - P - P - I

I came across an article that pointed out that Mississippi has the worst teen pregnancy rate in the nation.

"Funny," I thought. "Didn't I just read about Mississippi being the worst at something else, too?"

So I googled "Mississippi ranks" and this is what I found.

Mississippi ranks:

#1 Teen Pregnancies
#1 Obesity
#1 Hypertension
#1 Infant Mortality
#1 Gonorrhea
#2 Chlamydia
#2 Type 2 Diabetes
#49 Overall Health
#50 Child Well-Being Statistics
#1 Poverty
#2 Unemployment
#50 Per-Capita Income
#50 ACT Scores
#50 Bachelor's Degrees
#1 Government Corruption

...and that's where I quit.

Does anybody know a good antonym for "annex"? Because I think it's time we anti-annexed Mississippi. And then we need to put up a very sturdy border fence.

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

i just wrote a very funny but very inappropriate comment. call me and i'll tell you about it. but basically, i agree.

celeste said...

Good thing we're not having our baby there...

Jacob Romney said...

But then someone else would have to be last.

Jared said...

ha ha that is hilarious. I remember when I was little I loved to spell Mississippi! I still do

NanRomn said...

Mind boggling!

miles said...

I don't think anyone else would be last in that many categories.

Jen R. said...

P.S. the comment from Jared is actually from Jen. The computer was signed in as him. Oops

Jacob Romney said...

Yeah, I was gonna say that didn't sound like something Jared would say. I even clicked on him to double check and see if there's another Jared who was posting.

Dave said...

so I suppose Morgan Freeman is one of the few good things to come out of Mississippi