Thursday, November 6, 2008

Snow Football!!!

There is no annual event that I anticipate with more excitement than snow football. Better than the 4th of July, better than Thanksgiving, better than Christmas. Snow football day is the highlight of the year. (I guess it'll be pretty cool when my child is born, but that's not until February.)

On Snow Football Day (yes, I've decided to capitalize it) I get to be Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Lawrence Taylor and Barry Sanders all rolled into one. It is my Superbowl. I will throw touchdown passes while absorbing big hits from sisters-in-law, I will juke and stiff arm little sisters and leave them in a flurry of white powder, I will tackle brothers with bone-jarring hits, I will throw decleating blocks to break long runs for nieces, I will stuff rushing friends to complete magnificent goal line stands and, if he has the courage to show up, I will sack my dad when he tries to sit in the pocket too long.

Then I will go inside and have some hot chocolate.

So if you're going to be within driving distance of Utah valley around Christmas, keep your cleats with you and your eyes on the weather. Here's a little video to get you all as pumped up as I am.


Football - Sportscenter - Sportscenter Nfl S Greatest Hits - The funniest videos are a click away

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

i am hoping that this post was, at least in part, inspired by my text from last night about my First Snow Football Night of the Year. i rocked it. i always do.

miles said...

I seriously considered driving all the way down there.

Jen R. said...

I guess I can play this year! (I'm into the whole silver lining thing right now.)

Elder James Romney said...

Oh, I remember snow football with you. Unfortunately.

NanRomn said...

After watching the video, I'm not so sure about the nieces.... I love the last vignette--the Dallas Cowboy player helping the man after smashing into him.

Dave said...

sweet video