Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gender Stereotyped Toys



I feel terribly sorry for any child raised by people that insist on avoiding "gender-stereotyped toys." They subscribe to the ridiculous notion that boys and girls are the same until they are taught to be different. No nature, just nurture. I think that these people have some major issues in their own lives and are making their kids suffer for it. Maybe they were the weird boys that liked to play with dolls and dress up. Maybe they are trying ever so hard to break into that intellectual, self-righteous, "open-minded" crowd. Or maybe they've been deceived by foolish, misled psychologist pushing their own untried hypotheses on childhood development. Whatever the case, their children are cheated out of the COOLEST TOYS!

Well, I'll tell you something. If my parents had tried that crap with me, it wouldn't have worked. Nope. I didn't need Mattel to manufacture guns and swords. I made my own. Anything and everything was a potential weapon--puzzle pieces, spoons, severed doll legs--anything.

Fortunately, I had normal parents that let me play with normal toys. I had my weapons, my cowboy boots, and my sports equipment and I was happy.

3 comments:

celeste said...

I too feel sorry for those kids. I loved my Easy-Bake Oven! The look on Jared's face in that pic is priceless.

NanRomn said...

Awwwwww -- I'm so glad we did something right!

Jen R. said...

I'm still upset about never getting my Barbie jeep. You had better believe Adelyn will get a jeep...