Friday, April 30, 2010

Satellite Package




When you go to the grocery store for a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk, they don't tell you, "You can have the bread and milk if you also buy cheese, the latest issue of the Enquirer, three flavors of Jell-O, bubble bath, and a tube of antifungal cream...All for a low, low price! The other grocery stores only offer TWO flavors of Jell-O! Here, you get three!"


Unfortunately, that's what satellite and cable TV do. They make you buy all the crap with the good stuff. Why do I have to pay for A&E, the Weather Channel, and the Food Network just so I can watch BYU football?


I wish someone would let you put together a custom package. Here is my first draft:

ESPN

ESPN2

Versus

the Mtn

Spike (MMA)

NBC (the Office)

ABC (for a few more weeks until Lost is over)

History Channel


If I need more channels than that, I'd better evaluate how much time I'm spending watching TV.

Did I miss anything good?

8 comments:

celeste said...

CBS for March Madness. You were pretty bummed when we yet again didn't get to watch any of the games. National Geographic? TBS and TNT for movies?

Jacob Romney said...

You can't get Samurai Jack with those channels. I'm not sure which cartoon channel shows it, but you should get that one.

Jen R. said...

In a few more months you'll wish you had disney, PBS and some other cartoon shows for Mr. Zo. Also, food network rocks.

NanRomn said...

TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and CNN.

Jared said...

Dude, you forgot Oxygen, LOGO, Lifetime, Lifetime movie network, Encore Love, TLC, Halmark, QVC, SOAP, Style, E!, GOLF and WE.

miles said...

These are all horrible suggestions, except for Celeste's.

Jacob Romney said...

What about the military channel? It's always got world war documentaries and new weapons innovations and other cool stuff. And you're right, you should probably just buy the seasons of Samurai Jack.

Jared said...

I hope everyone picks up on the fact that my list was a joke. LOGO is the gay and lesbian channel, Oxygen is the women's network, etc.

I watch the military channel too, Jacob. Futureweapons, ultimate weapons, other shows with the word 'weapons'. Deadliest Aircraft, other shows with the word 'deadliest', Special ops mission, etc.

I also record starwars the clone wars (cartoon network, Jacob), and Howe Howe tech (discovery channel). Sometimes we catch ninja warrior on G4.