Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Stop EATING!!!


Okay, here’s a blog entry that’s related to the last two I posted.

Occasionally, I enjoy eating out at a steakhouse, an all-you-can-eat buffet, or some other restaurant that serves enormous portions of extremely unhealthy food. Occasionally. And each time I do so, I stuff myself silly to guarantee that I get my money’s worth.

As I sit there gorging myself on meat, butter, Dr. Pepper, and fried whatever, I catch myself looking at other patrons and silently asking them, “Should you really be here?”

Each time that question is elicited the self-evident answer is a resounding NO!

It would be interesting to find out what the average BMI is at any given time within the walls of a Texas Roadhouse. (Or the prevalence of cardiovascular disease.)

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey, remember Furr's Cafeteria? Do you remember the people we saw there? I may be remembering something that didn't happen, but I swear there was always the same big fat guy every time we went. Is that true? I don't know, but in my mind, I see that fat guy whenever I think of buffets and Furrs...
You know who else I want to tell to stop eating? Anyone in a restaurant at like 4 in the afternoon. Who eats then? Only fat people. If you're hungry at four, you're probabaly fat.

miles said...

I remember him. He wore overalls. I can still see his bare crack coming out of those overalls because his XXXXXXXXXXXL shirt was too small.